Monday, April 4, 2011

sunday

outside the william jessup university


I just had a pretty great family weekend. Spending a lot of time with my kids, it was pretty sweet. I even got a bit of a sunburn from watching them play outside most of the day with all the neighborhood kids.



And this is how my day started. With popovers! I love eating them with butter and orange marmalade. They are just perfect that way. Plus coffee.




My husband made them for me. Knowing what sweet memories they have for me, of my sisters making them :) Just look at the New Cook Book that has the recipe. The cover has even been torn off.



Well, now you know how spoiled I am at home. I can never complain about me husband because of the things like this that he does.


p.s. you do not need custard cups or a special popover pan to make these. I have small kitchen storage so I try not to buy those extras. Trust me, a muffin pan works perfectly.

1 comment:

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Well they look good, but American recipes are a whole different language to me! Have never heard of popovers and wouldn't know a custard cup if it bit me! I do love coffee and marmalade though, so am sure I'd like them.