Friday, November 26, 2010

persimmon

This is my new favorite fruit. The persimmon. I just finished having one, sharing it with my girl. She loves them too!

They grow wonderfully in my area of California. Starting in October through December, you can find them at the local Farmer's Markets. The flat ones like these are the best. And you don't have to wait to eat them like the pointy shaped ones.

I just cut mine up like an apple or tomato in wedges. With or without the skin on. They are delicious! And such a gorgeous color. Let me know what you think of them too!

2 comments:

malia said...

thanks for the info on these... i am never sure what to do with them so i appreciate it! xoxo
Malia
www.yesterdayontuesday.com

Ilona Katalin said...

yes...they are delicious...if you let them go really ripe...they are even sweeter!!

in Brazil where I'm at now ... it will be their season pretty soon... twice a year actually.... I like it cold..so I keep them in the fridge and then they keep longer; we usually have them for dessert!

when my mom came to Brazil for the 1st time she said..."oh! here tomatoes grow in trees!"... she actually thought they were tomatoes!