Tuesday, December 21, 2010

thrifted christmas

Gosh I love to thrift! I cannot remember the last time I went to the mall. And my local mall is nice. But thrift I love! If you get a Christmas present from me, I guarantee something in it will be thrifted. I buy thrift for my neighbors, husband, kids, sisters, and my mother.


Well I found a bag of these loopy flowers in November. I'm sure I bought them for no more than $2. They are made with such nice fuzzy yarn in perfect vintage colors. They even had a loop on the back of each one to hang them from the tree.


Well my plan was to hot glue them onto a wreath for my side door. So it hangs nicely inside my house. I added a loop of vintage pom poms and it still needed a touch more of somethin'. So after I scanned my tree I spotted this perfect handmade (also thrifted from 2009) ornament. The clown pedals away perfectly on my wreath now and they compliment each other so nicely - don't you think?

2 comments:

Piecemaker Jewelry said...

adorable!

jdsanc said...

I love it! You are one expert recrafter.
And I loved the thrifted present Santa delivered here yesterday. Who would have known that Mamie Taylor was such a drinker, three jiggers of whiskey in her signature drink, yikes!! She might just be my new best friend this holiday.