Thursday, January 1, 2009

for mary

My sister is a quilter, and she is always working on something.  I love her passion for fabrics and sewing.  And she is always full of the 411 on anything that I need to know.

At Christmas she sent me a quilt that she finished off for me.  I did the top part over six years ago, not a super great job, but I got it finished.  And she took it home with her during her last visit to Cali and added the batting, backing, and even hand finished the binding.  Is that great or what?

It has been on my couch since Christmas.  Giving our family room a little bit of extra coziness and a great bit of charm.  I have really enjoyed seeing it every day.

Since I talked to my sis today, sending our Happy New Year's, I told my girl that her Auntie Mary sends her love.  Of course she wanted to go to bed with the quilt that Auntie Mary made, for her!  It's a little big still for her toddler bed, but is perfect folded up in half.  Now she is asleep and cozy with some extra charm.

Well, I didn't take a picture of her under this new quilt.  But I was looking through my old photos tonight and saw another one of my girl.  She is all cozy under another very special quilt that Auntie Mary made just for her.



This was taken two years ago.  I love looking at this quilt and picking out my favorite strips of fabric.  I never get tired of looking at it.  I told you she was talented!!  Thank you Mary, I love you!

2 comments:

Diane said...

What a nice sister! That quilt for your daughter is beautiful.. looks like a lot of love went into those stitches. Happy New Year, Katie!

Mary said...

Katie,
I love you all so much!
Auntie Mary