Wednesday, January 2, 2008

what I've been up to


100_29611.jpg

I decided to change the way I make things. I have always been making my katie jean things one at a time. I don't know why, probably because I'm a stay at home mom and it felt like that is what I could accomplish. But this past week I decided to stream line my process and try to make a bunch of one thing. I've seen this done but have never even thought of trying it. Well, I made six new blankets! Instead of making my usual one or two a day. Pretty cool huh? I thought so. And I even took a ton of pictures of them for my website. And now I have a whole new way of doing things. That is one of the things that I love about sewing and crafting, is being able to see what I've accomplished. It's not like cleaning house (which I am awful at doing) where things get dirty again. To have made something with my own hands, someone loves it and buys it, and then I move on to the next thing to make.

I also wanted to wish you all a Happy New Year! Thank you for your support of my business and your interest in handmade repurposed vintage. I love what I make and I am so thankful that you do to!

3 comments:

Stacy T said...

Great job, love the prints!

Emma Farrell said...

Katie! You finally used that great Pink and Yellow fabric! I'm so glad to see it made up into something! :-)

Artsy Amy said...

These are so cute! It's hard to pick a favorite. Love them all!