Sunday, January 6, 2008

monkey'in around


100_2974.jpg

I just finished the cutest gift set. Thank you Judith for your order!

I love this sock monkey fabric. Moda has been making this pattern in different patterns for a few years now, and I have never bought it. But, something made me buy it this time. The first thing I did was make a little dress for Molly with a matching posie pin. And then this custom order came up, and what fabric did she choose, but the sock monkey fabric. I have used up pretty much all of it that I have and now I kinda think I need more!

One of my new year's resolutions was to use only the fabric that I already have. On day 5 of the new year, that did not work out very well. I spent almost $100. at the fabric store. And I do have a lot already! But, it wasn't all fabric. I had to get a new pair of scissors since mine went MIA. I think son #1 might have something to do with that. And I bought another book. I think that also has to be a resolution, no more new books until I make something from the ones that I already have. Fabric and books, my addiction.

My other resolution is to better organize what fabric that I already do have. That one will be easier to keep. I have a great storage spot in my garage that my husband put together for me. And I bought some plastic pull out drawers to put my patterns in and small sizes of assorted fabrics. I think I will have a spot in there for my magazines and books too.

My kids go back to school tomorrow! yah! Maybe then I can get some of this done, right?

1 comment:

Dawn (elfini) said...

The kids are back in school! I can't tell you how happy I am to be back at work.

...so quiet....