Sunday, March 2, 2008

glitter and grunge


100_3157.jpg

The girls over at Crafty Carnival and Handmade Parade invited me to join Glitter and Grunge! I first met Missy and Claire at a Sacramento Handmade Parade event last year. Now, I am so excited to be with them! And actually feel a little honored to be asked. Kinda silly, huh? But I am really thrilled!

Each month I will create a one-of-a-kind katie jean item and sell it exclusively through Glitter and Grunge. This feels like I've joined a monthly challenge! Which is such a good way for me to challenge myself and be creative making new things. I love this idea and now that I've just sent off my first 3 new items for my artist's page, I want to let my brain rest. But it can't, I'm already dreaming of something new. Doesn't this sound like fun?

Check it out and see what I made for March. The above picture is just a little peak at one very special blanket. It is pure katie jean style. Using a great mix of both new and vintage fabrics. I can see someone buying it as a gift for a baptism, it has such an heirloom feeling to it.

I bought some complimentary vintage fabric at The Tin Thimble to make the bias tape. This was my first attempt at making mitered corners. I thought my brain would explode trying something new. It didn't, and was so fun to accomplish it! I gave myself a little high five. I looked at Alicia Paulson's blog and she had a really good tutorial, with pictures, that really helped a ton. I really love the way it all came together. A very special thank you to Emma and Sharon in helping me choose just the right fabrics!

1 comment:

Emma Farrell said...

Congrats! Your page over at Glitter and Grunge looks awesome!! And the bunting and quilt are ADORABLE!!! It was so much fun to help you pick out just the right materials! Thank you so much for the links. You're a doll!