Wednesday, December 26, 2007

let me explain


100_2622.jpg

oliverands.com


If you have seen my flickr pages you can see a serious pattern has developed. My first 30-40 (50?) pictures are all titled "Houston Quilt Market 2007". This was a trip I took with my sister in October and I still have pictures left to post. This was my first time to Quilt Market and since I am a flickr addict, I couldn't help myself. I even took pictures of my food. Why didn't I think of doing this sooner. It was a lot of fun and I am so thankful to have a digital camera and not have to pay money to get my pictures developed.

Well Quilt Market was really cool. My sister Mary has a quilt shop in North Dakota, Quilter's Eden, and invited me to go.  THANK YOU MARY!!!  She had the hotel already and I had a free ticket and my husband said OK. All was set, so I went. This is how most of my trips happen. They are always, well usually, spontanious. When I went to Indonesia, I had to leave in five days. Pretty cool huh?

I loved seeing all of the new fabrics, and learned a little bit more about actually quilting. My favorite thing to see was the crafty booths. Seeing the girls who were doing new things in sewing, patterns, and design. It's really cool seeing a new generation of sewers and how they are creating in new ways. Look at Melly & me. I met Susan Branch, whose illustration and books I have loved for years. She has a new fabric line. It looks like little watercolor drawings, cute. I saw the new Mary Engelbreit line, it looks very mary, although I didn't meet her. I did meet Amy Butler which I loved. I felt a little bit like a groupie. I showed her the eyeglass case that I made using her pattern and my sis took a picture of us together. Which is also on flickr.

So, I love flickr. I check my email first thing in the morning and then I look all over flickr. Everyday. Love it. Check it out. Hopefully I will soon post all of my Quilt Market photos and you can see more of what is up in my life.

Enjoy it!

No comments: