Tuesday, August 23, 2011

opening


I am opening tomorrow! And this is my new logo. She is an updated version of my paper doll. Ain't she cute! Today my signs are going up on my windows. I can hardly wait to see them all.

Working on my wrap counter has been one of the biggest challenges for me. It was hard finding just the right thing to fit in with the look that I want for my shop. So we built it with some new, and old pieces. Here's the breakdown: The cabinet came from New Castle. The pale green redwood pillar was in my back yard being weathered for about 5 years. My hub had to cut it in half to get it just right. And the little bit of white trim we bought in Berkeley about 6 years ago. It was just waiting in my garage for the right project. I love how it all came together.

And here is my shop, looking a bit empty. I love this picture, because I can really see the progress that has been made. I am still receiving new fabric every week! It's very exciting.

And here is an after pick. My girl helped me paint this wall. And now my design wall is up. It has created such a perfect focal point. The quilts look like a great piece of art!

Now that I'm open, I would love for you to see all this and more for yourself!

603 5th Street, Lincoln
916.209.3930

Tuesday - Friday
10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Saturday
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sunday
11 a.m. - 3 p.m.
closed Monday

8 comments:

Melody said...

Can't wait to see it! I should be by on Saturday. Everything looks so yummy.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

It looks fantastic - best of luck for the opening. If I was on the right side of the ocean I'd try and pop in!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Good luck to you, if I lived closer I would come to your opening! I love to patronize small businesses...much success to you!

Cytel said...

Here is to wishing to you great grand opening! I hope to come in on Saturday, I guess it just depends on what my family wants to do, we have some folks coming in from out of town....but my diabolical plan is to intice them to Lincoln for breakfast at Awful Annies then shop for a while around town, which is when Im coming to see you. I hope the tanker fire does not cause any trouble for your grand opening.

donna said...

Congratulations on your shop. I love how it is coming together. Wish I lived closer I would pay you a visit.
Hugs
donna

Val said...

Oh my gosh, I missed this! Congrats and good luck! :)

Jenniffier said...

Congrats. So cute for the logo and I can't wait to see it tonight.

~april said...

we were going to come see your shop for the 1st time and i just googled for the hours. won't be able to make it today due to nap time, but hopefully soon! good luck with the shop! love your logo!!!