Friday, May 14, 2010

day three

Today my 11 year old son went on his 5th grade camping trip.  Oh the planning and the excitement that have led up to this day has been memorable!  The first pair of hiking boots, the backpack, and his mom constantly reminding him to use his sunscreen.



I know that he is going to look back at this 3 days and 2 nights away from home with some fantastic memories.  I think he is especially looking forward to being away from his brother and sister.  Oh the mischief he is going to get into!



Do you remember going to camp?  Mine was in 6th grade at Sly Park.  And there were a bunch of different schools there too.  So we all got a chance to make new friendships from around Sacramento.  Dear friends that we thought would be our BFF.

Now to my sewing challenge.  My sewing time was even less today than it was yesterday.  The pants are moving along nicely and my girl has chosen her favorite pair without even trying them on yet.  And I have found that I do really like this pattern.  I wi ll be making a few more pairs of these.  Especially now that I have a feel for how all the pieces are to go together. :)

3 comments:

Mary said...

I did not go to Sly Park as a camper, I went as a counselor in 12th grade. What fun! My first camp was Camp Cazadero in 7th and 8th grade. When I was in 9th grade I dated one of the 12th grade counselors - what a cutie he was!! Good times!

katiejean said...

Where was Cazadero? and ... who was the 12th grade counselor that you dated???

Mary said...

Some place up in El Dorado Hills. Bill B. the summer after 9th grade.