Wednesday, February 13, 2008

more fabrics and notions


100_3083.jpg

I just came home from a drive up the hill to Auburn. A woman named Christy called me and had a bunch of vintage fabrics and notions that she thought I would be interested in. You bet that I was! So, we met in Auburn in front of the cutest quilt shop, Cabin Fever. I bought some new fabric there too. Did you ever here me (or anyone else) ever say that I wasn't going to buy more fabrics until I had used up at least some of what I already have. It is an addiction. Is there rehab? No, I don't think so, just support groups. Where everyone gets together to sew and admire each others fabrics!

Look at all of the fun stuff I got! Well, look at two of the things I bought. Yah! Celebrate with me! I can't wait to finish writing and run upstairs to start cleaning all of my goodies. I even got a little something for my Molly. This cute pot holder with a little girl face. It is perfect for the pretend kitchen that I made for her.

I looked at Melly and Me today. They have the prettiest quilt to make with all of those fabric scraps. They use the most vibrant colors, I would love my whole house to look like this, with a white background. I don't quilt, but they have a great tutorial that makes it looks so easy that I just might. Maybe this will inspire and motivate me to make a little quilt for the fibertastic event. hmmm...

2 comments:

Karen Halls said...

I found your site on google blog search and read a few of your other posts. Keep up the good work. Just added your RSS feed to my feed reader. Look forward to reading more from you.

Karen Halls

rosalie said...

love the vintage finds! gorgeous. there is something so special about handcrafts of the past. who made them? what was her life all about? a yummy connection with the past. enjoy!