Sunday, March 3, 2013

single girl

I have been working on a new quilt, and I am addicted to it! 



I even added a new board to my Pinterest, Single Girl. (big surprise :)


My new friend Amy made this one using Kaffe Fasset fabrics and his shot cotton.  Gorgeous!  She has been the one to inspire me to make one of my very own.


I am using these fabrics from Dear Stella, Bukhara.  I won them online and am finally using them!  I pulled mostly other pinks, funky greens, and yellows to go with them.


I am also paper piecing my pattern instead of cutting out all of the squares and sewing them.  I really like doing the circle this way, and I think I am going faster than if I were doing it like I'm supposed to.  There are a couple of online tutorials of how to make it this way.  Denyse Schmidt also has a quilting template in her pattern that is perfect.

I hope this inspires you to make this quilt.  Let me know if you do.  I am having fun sewing mine!

2 comments:

lindsay ostrom said...

Love it.... and wondering if your friend Amy is my friend Amy - who made one in rainbows and greys. We swaped an art quilt for this single girl quilt and it adorns my bed as we speak ( amy pruden?) - just checking. Yours is looking fab!!!

katie jean said...

Lindsay, It is the same girl! I love that seeing it in other colors :) Especially a darker background.