Saturday, August 22, 2009

post party

You know I think I am still recovering from my husband's birthday party that we held in our home over two weeks ago!  There are still birthday cards on the counter, and thank you cards to write.   Plus a ton of beer and wine left unopened!

All of my new serving pieces that I had to have, are all put away.  That was a big challenge for me.  I don't have a lot of kitchen space.  So, I got to clean out my cabinets.  Which I think feels like I've lost weight.  I wish that actually worked!

The prep for the party was filled with days of running around town.  My sisters were staying at my house so that made everything a lot easier.  I relied on their opinion for everything!  Even lipstick.  Which we all know is a big decision to make on one's own.



The kids put up with our shopping at the mall.  See's Candies doesn't hurt either!  We got a lot of great decorating ideas at Pottery Barn.



We went to Gram's Ranch.  While the boys climbed in the trees,

Katie, Mary, Judith

the girls were busy cutting olive branches that we were to use in all of the floral arrangements.



Isn't it beautiful? My wonderful and talented neighbor Ralph made these beautiful arrangements for each table.  The flowers were the perfect finishing touch!

Mary, Katie, Judith, Donna (our mom)

And here we are all in the midst of the party.  Can you tell we are related?  That is my husband Jeff in the right corner of the pic.  We were having such a good time, that I didn't take any other pictures.  I do have one of a friend climbing the fence, but I'm holding onto that one!

Thank you to my dear friends and family who were such a large part in making the evening a success!  I had such a great night.  And most importantly, Jeff had a great time celebrating 50!  I love you babe.

4 comments:

Emma Farrell said...

Looks like you guys know how to party! Ralph did a beautiful job on those arrangements!

Judith said...

I love the pictures. How things came together. How much work and how great we look in the end. I love seeing our smiles, but are my boobs really that big? Such a great day. I want to do it again!
Love you!

Mary said...

The party was so fun! Ralph rocked the arrangements!

Yes, Judith we see how big your boobs are - great BRA~!

We did have a fun night! Thanks Katie!XOXO,m

Ralph said...

I'm FINALLY catching up on your blog! Ugh. What a month it's been, but seeing these photos brings back such great memories of that week, Katie. You're so cute to make mention of me - MWAH!

And of course, seeing your sisters in these photos brings a smile to my face. I absolutely loved meeting them all, and being able to be a part of the party prep. What a great night! Even - the part about climbing the fence! LOL. Love you..