Sunday, April 13, 2008

a little bit more

goodies


I have just a few more things to share with you about my trip to Tucson. First, one of my favorite places to shop for vintage is 4th Avenue. I always come home with barkcloth, and hankies. This time I also found two really cute vintage tea towels. One to cut up and the other is in perfect condition. It is so cute that I won't even use it myself. My kitchen towels always end up a mess with stains.

So, here are the names of my two favorite shops that I always have to stop at. Desert Vintage (fantastic business card, pink and green with cactus) 636 N. 4th Avenue (520)620-1570. How Sweet it Was 419 N. 4th Avenue (520) 623-9854. Both of these shops are great if you are looking for a costume too. We got a little fringe vest at Desert Vintage for Q, who has to wear a pioneer costume for a school field trip.


And here is the present we got for my brother-in-law's retirement present. My neighbor, Steve, has this great sign business. I just looked over at his banner website and picked something out and then he added a custom background for me. It was delivered via Fed Ex the morning of the festivities. So when Dan went out that morning to make a quick trip to the airport, we were able to put it up. He saw it when he came home with his friends. It was a perfect surprise. And we got it in plenty of time for the party. Thanks Steve!!

the coughlin girls


And thanks to my sisters for such a great time. It feels like a special gift every time we get together. I love you.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love that pile of linens!

Diane said...

Great vintage linens. Always great to find a stash like that. Can't wait to see what you will create next!