Monday, August 22, 2016

I have finally visited a quilt shop in Georgia!  Red Hen Fabrics in Marietta.  And it was a 1 hour drive for me!



Driving through Atlanta is no joke. I had heard that the driving here is bad.  But so what? I thought.  I have driven in other big cities: San Francisco, Boston, and Chicago.  How bad can it be in Atlanta? Now I know why my car insurance costs more here.  It's crazy. The people are nice here, but put them behind the wheel, it's another story.  

Any way......




Before we moved here, I googled quilt shops near me.  And then I signed up for their newsletters. When I got the email from Red Hen for their Aeroplane Bag class, I had the day off from work, so I signed up.




I have always wanted to make a bag like this. Especially since I am packing challenged.  I always take more than what I need on a trip. And I knew that I wouldn't make this bag on my own. Especially when zippers were involved!  So I was happy to sign up, make the drive, and visit this cute quilt shop!



I'm going to Virginia in October.  So, I'll share another picture with you then of how this bag worked for me as a carry on.



No comments: