Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Oh my goodness. I have been thinking about nothing but the layout of this quilt.  Do you get like that? I just want to change one little thing, and it takes me a few days to figure out how to do it.  Like it's my first quilt. Which was cute, Mary Engelbreit fabric, but a mess of a layout.


I have decided to use a print for both my background and letter. Unlike my first letter A, that has a creamy white background.  I think I might re do that one....


So in using two prints for each block, I have decided to have 1 1/2" borders all around each block. That way each letter will look centered.  And I won't have a huge border going through the middle of each row of letters.


I know this isn't rocket science.  But I have to visualize so much and make sure that I will really like it.  It's like putting together a puzzle for me.  A puzzle that I don't want to have to do over.


Even with the pattern being online still, I am so thankful to have so much quilt (layout) inspiration out there.


Did I tell you, I started another Pinterest board for this quilt. That makes 133 boards, who needs that many?! Anyway.... you will find the links to the letters will be there too.


Here you can see how I added the 1 1/2" border to both sides.  Now I just need to cut down the top and bottom borders.  These shown here are 2 1/2".


This is the block from the Cotton Way blog, where you will find your letter C pattern. I love how she added a little Sawtooth Star!  I must try that in one of my blocks :)  This one is made as a mini quilt. So cute for your sewing room!






No comments: