Sunday, November 20, 2011

vintage sewing

My friend Jan went and helped her mom with her yard sale last month.  Jan knows what I like and I asked her to keep an eye out for me.  And just look at this bit of wonderfulness that she brought into my shop!



It is a big spool of thread and a small sewing machine.  Aren't they cute together!  I love how the wooden spool is aged so nicely.  And the sewing machine is hand cranked with little suction cups on the feet for a bit of stability.  I wonder if it was a successful design.  A Genero Product.




I love that she had the instruction book too. Made in Long Beach, California.  Don't you just love it!  Thanks Jan, you are the best.


p.s. both spool and sewing machine are about 6" high, with the spool of thread being a bit taller.

3 comments:

Mommarock said...

The two of them together just make them both seem so unusually odd. How big is the big, and how small is the small. Tha spool looks big enough to be a stool.. or is the sewing machine small enough to be on the end of a pencil.. Strange and cool indeed!!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Very cool! They're perfect dressing for a shop x

Prairie Primitives Folk Art said...

Both are sweet, but it would be nice to know the actual sizes. And it's awesome to remember when things were actually made in the U.S.A.! :-)